When emotional turmoil, stress, and illness enter our experience, we can learn to take charge of our own healing. By becoming more aware of limiting beliefs and symbolic messages reflected within the body and the environment, we can consciously let go of dis-ease. With intent and focus, we can complete the past, heal the present, and create a healthy future. Thought Body Clearing offers powerful insight and clear direction, enabling us, with creative thought, to move toward wholeness within our relationships, our bodies, our selves.
This workshop is open to all, but is a MUST for therapists, bodyworkers and Lightworkers!
By the end of this program participants will be able to:
• Recognize events in the environment and physical body as symbolic of one’s limiting and/or positive thoughts, and use those symbols to heal the personal environment.
• Develop a sensitivity to others’ thoughts & feelings, yet “ground” and set boundaries.
• Channel positive energy to others, being response-able to others, not for them.
• Work with the human energy systems, energy centers and polarity channels in relationship to thoughts, the body, and the environment.
• Have a working knowledge of body dialogue, imagery, yogic breathing, instantaneous relaxation, and self-healing.
• Use applied kinesiology, with certainty, to diagnose limiting beliefs and energy blockages in the Thought Body, and to discover which positive thoughts, energy exercises, isometrics and isotonics, and body work techniques would be useful in clearing the Thought Body.
• Discover which energy systems, energy centers and polarity channels clients need to work with, and tailor these techniques for individual clients.
• Explore “expressive physio-therapy” with isometrics and isotonics to release tension from the emotional and thought bodies.
• More readily recognize physical ailments as symbolic of one’s limiting thoughts, and use those symbols to heal the personal environment.
• Gain certainty in using body dialogue, imagery, the yogic energizing breath, instant relaxation, kinesiology and self-healing techniques.
• Release specific stressors in the emotional and thought bodies to induce and accelerate healing.
• Use stress as a tool to achieve goals, breathe more easily, speak more freely, love more deeply.
About the facilitator:
Steven is a Licensed Professional Counselor and Bodyworker, Hypnotherapist, Eye Movement Therapist (EMDR) and Thought Field Therapist (TFT). A gifted medical/emotional intuitive and Shamanic healer, his history includes multiple modalities from indigenous healers in the Hawaiian, Mexican, and Native American traditions, a professorship at several universities, and numerous radio and TV appearances. A celebrated author and teacher, he is known for touching others’ lives with his wisdom, insight & healing, his books include Healing Thoughts: Applying Therapeutic Shamanism in Your Daily Life and co-written with Marcia Rogat, Spirit Journeys: Freeing the Soul in this Life and Beyond. His column, the Body Mind Health Corner may be found online at www.CreativeThought.org
This is a continuation of Lymph Massage for Minor Pathologies, although it is open to all practitioners whether you have taken the first class or not. In this class, you will learn what happens when pathways of the lymphatic system have been interrupted and how lymphedema develops.
You will learn how to distinguish primary lymphedema from secondary lymphedema. We will discuss how to work with a compromised system after breast, ovarian, prostate and other cancers and how to navigate different pathways to relieve patients of edematous tissues. For massage therapists, this will deepen your knowledge of how to work with cancer or lymphedema patients with a compromised lymphatic system. You will leave this class with a comprehensive understanding of how to work with the pathways of the lymph system.
The class will also provide an introduction to the use of bandages and compression wear for clients.
Juul Bruin has a unique blend of experience in the healthcare field, spanning four decades. A native of the Netherlands, she began her career as a psychiatric and hospice nurse. Upon relocating to the United States, Juul attended the Body Therapy Institute, and became a NC Licensed Massage Bodywork Therapist (#630). She later trained at the renowned Dr. Vodder School in Austria, becoming a LANA Certified Lymphedema Therapist in 2001. Juul is credentialed in the First Line Therapy modality of wellness and recovery, and has a Masters degree in Holistic Health. She currently teaches massage therapy in Wilmington, NC, and presents continuing education seminars across the US. She looks forward to sharing her 35-year journey in health promotion, and is excited to help her fellow massage therapists guide others to a healthier, happier lifestyle. You can visit Juul’s website at www.holisticmassageeducation.com.